While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Surprise Communion


Surprise Communion, originally uploaded by mtsofan.

This is great~

Photo note:

"Day two hundred thirty-nine/365. I had meetings until 8:00 tonight and didn't get to take a good 365, so I thought I'd shoot a simple macro and tell you a story.

This is what remains of the bread we served for Communion at our 8:15 a.m. worship service. Normally, after folks have broken pieces from the loaf, I offer the remaining bread to children who may be waiting for the start of the contemporary service.

This morning, I walked out of the sanctuary and right away discovered a ten-year-old boy. When I offered him some bread, he eagerly accepted. But, he must have thought I was offering him Communion. He took a piece of bread and dipped it -- not in the chalice of grape juice in my right hand, but in the mug of coffee in my left. Before I could respond, he had it in his mouth.

Unfortunately, this guy does not like the taste of coffee, so he went running for the refreshment counter, where he remedied it with cheese curls.

I wondered if his mother would be angry. I found her laughing."

Great story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search