While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Menu for the Day


                                                                                                                                                            
Last night, it was oven-barbecued chicken drumsticks, basted in Cookwell & Company's
 "Wythe County Cola Barbecue Sauce."  I was curious about the flavor, and found it quite good, especially the second day, heated up as left-overs.






I'm notorious for cooking twice as much as I need, so that I give myself a break the next night.  If the meal is particularly good, then I'm not so lucky, and I find myself in the kitchen the next night, creating something new.  

*

Now, the potatoes didn't last past the first night.  They were oven roasted at 400, after being coated in olive oil, and dusted with salt, pepper and cumin.  Oh, and don't forget the thinly sliced garlic tossed in.  
After 20 minutes, or when the potatoes have begun to brown on the pan side, the wedges are turned over carefully, and roasted a further 10- 15 minutes, or until tender.  So good.  My advice - don't stand too long by the stove after dinner's over.  What might have been some potential left-overs became quick finger food for the one cleaning up!  

*

And the bread I was baking? Sweet and tender.  In the next post, I'll include the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search