While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Flax Seed Oatmeal Cookies


When I was at one of our latest poetry workshops, our poet hostess made us some ginger flax cookies, and they were most excellent. So, I went in search of flax seed cookie recipes, and found one called Farmland Flax Cookies. They are really good, and two of those little buggers kept me going through one weight-training class, and a half hour of cardio after that. Not bad!


(Note- I put a cut piece of ginger in the middle of some of my cookies, as shown above.)

So, I decided to make them again last night, this time substituting the sugar with agave syrup, and the results were tasty. I'm going to keep playing with them, and share the recipe soon.

Meanwhile, this is how they turned out:


Also, here is a link to the original recipe I used (for the first two photos):

http://www.flaxhealth.com/recipes.htm#farmland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search