While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Monday, April 4, 2011

Spiderman Street Scene Birthday Cake

I am always amazed by the creativity of some cake makers. This cake is no exception. Here is the baker's/photographer's note:

***

I was excited to do this cake because it was a design I have been wanting to do for a while- so when a friend wanted a Spiderman-themed cake I jumped on the opportunity! I was really inspired by the Lego Batman cake that Elisa Strauss made, so I decided to do a similar style comic book street scene.

This was also very large- I bought the biggest baseboard I could find. ;) The two buildings are a dingy green (what I was going for ;) and since I still don't have an airbrush I used petal dusts for the first time to give me all the shaded effects.

The crazy thing about this cake was that it was bought as a show piece for the party! lol It was not eaten until after the party was over. I loved this cake- definitely one of my all-time favorites. :)
www.Facebook.com/KarasCustomCakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search