While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Thursday, May 13, 2010

1 2 3 4 Cake

Tuesday was my son's 15th birthday, and a busy day it was.  I had my aunt coming over from Seattle and my daughter was scheduled to take her drive test (which she passed).  And I had to teach a morning class.  So, knowing that a cake was in order I went for a good reliable, tasty cake:  the 1 2 3 4 Cake. 

What gives it it's name?  Its main ingredients:  1 cup of butter, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, and 4 eggs, (as well as leavening agents, and 1 1/4 cup buttermilk). I love this cake.

And the icing was simple enough.  I knew that my son really likes cream cheese icing, which I make with cream cheese, the just and zest of one lemon, milk, vanilla, butter, and powdered sugar.  The lemon makes it, and when the 1 2 3 4 Cake is iced, it is quite moist.  Oh so good.


And it only lasted two days.  Mmmm. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search