While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Monday, February 20, 2012

Last Night was Pizza Night

So, I am a Downton Abbey fan, and last night was was the airing of the final episode of season 2.  And, as it was Sunday, I needed to do something a little more special for dinner.  My wild hare notion was to make pizza, and because this is a lengthy process, especially if left up to one person to do, I knew I needed to allow at least 2.3-3 hours before my show started.

I always make 4 pizzas, because we eat more than 2, and the 1.5 or so left over makes a good lunch, or breakfast, depending on who you talk to.

Two pizzas were assembled on cookie sheets (then after 10 minutes of baking, transferred to the stone that lives permanently in my oven, for the last 5 minutes).  I have only two of said sheets, and little time for baking.  Note: my show was starting in 30 minutes.

So, I recruited my son to assemble the other two.  Two of the four pizzas were baked in clay pie plates, which makes for a more deep dish pizza.  This seems to work just fine, even though the dough recipe I use is for thin crust.

6:40: two pizzas out, two going in.

6:59: pizzas out, Downton Abbey starting in one minute.  Phew!

Photos up next~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search