While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Simple Peanut Chicken

In the same grain - using some left-overs to spark a new dish - I made a simple Peanut Chicken to go with the Fried Wild Rice & Quinoa.

I started with chicken breast, which I chopped into large chunks and heated in a pan.  I used no oil, just made sure the pan was hot first, and left the small amounts of fat on the chicken to create the grease I needed to brown the chicken. Next, I scouted around in my pantry for some curry sauce, which I didn't.  However, I found peanut sauce, and as I poured a little of it over my chicken, I remembered I had a tub of unsalted chunky peanut butter in the back of the fridge.  So, I got that out, put a couple of generous spoonfuls into the pan, added water, and let the peanut butter soften and coat the chicken pieces. 

After about 30-45 minutes the chicken was soft and infused with the make-shift peanut sauce.  And, it was quite good with the Fried Wild Rice and Quinoa I was making at the same time. 

Again, not the greatest photo, but I'm left wishing I had some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search