While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Friday, December 11, 2009

Turkey Soup, Wedding Soup: a Facebook Conversation

My status: " __________wants to make Wedding Soup. Marianna had some at the Poulsbohemian the other day, and it was damn good."

M said:
"On the F after Thanksgiving, Dolly's cousin Alice decided to invent soup with the turkey carcass. Onions, garlic, carrots, celery, carcass, water... add turkey meat... add teeny turkey meatballs she invented (ground turkey, egg, ground parmesan cheese) plus 1 pkg frozen spinach. Ooh! Serve with large homemade garlic crouton cubes and more parm. Double ooh!"

To which I replied, "Ooh, I like the addition of the turkey meatballs. The rest of the soup sounds like the one I do. It's different every time, sometimes with noodles. The best turkey soup I ever made was on the wood stove years ago. . ."

D said, "what is wedding soup?"

I looked it up. So far I've found Italian Wedding Soup, Shotgun Wedding Soup, Greek Wedding Soup. . . I'm going back to the Poulsbohemian today (in Poulsbo, WA), to see what Marianna has for soup. There are always two kinds. . . and when I find out which kind of Wedding soup she had last Friday, I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, if you have a little turkey left over. . . try making your soup over the wood stove. Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search