While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fresh Bagels




This afternoon I realised we were out of bagels, and I was not in the mood to go to the store.  It had been awhile since I'd made bagels, and I recalled my daughter's first project in her Culinary Arts class in 9th grade: bagels.

Inspired, I looked up a recipe that got good ratings, and got started.  Two hours later, I have a nice batch of hot fresh bagels, and best of all, they are home-made.

Bagels risen after being dropped into the simmering water.


About 4 minutes into simmering the bagels grow.
  
And grow.
  

Boiled bagels on buttered baking sheet, ready for the oven.


Thirty minutes later~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search