While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Popovers, baked this morning


Popovers, baked this morning, originally uploaded by salmonbear7.

As you can see, I've made these a time or two.

Sunday afternoon I was listening to KUOW, our local public radio station, to the Splendid Table. One of the callers on the show asked about popover pans. I baked mine in muffin tins, which is not as good, of course, as baking them in a real popover pan. However, they did turn out well enough.

A good popover pan has deeper cups, and each cup is either attached with a wire grid, or has holes open between each cluster of 4 cups, for air circulation. Some pans are non-stick, while I've heard the best ones are cast iron, yielding a crisper crust. I have my eye on a Nordic Ware ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search