While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Split Pea Soup

Today I made split pea soup for lunch. Unfortunately, my camera battery went dead, so I didn't get to photograph my soup.

My ingredients were:

1 C. split peas, simmered for an hour in chicken broth

Added to this were:

Sliced carrots (about 3 medium)
Half of a large sweet onion, diced
3 large stalks of celery, including the leafy tips, chopped
About 1 C. of left-over cooked rice
pinch of salt
a few turns of the pepper mill

That's really all I did with it, and it was pretty good. I didn't have any ham, but this was basically taking what I had to make lunch for two of us.

Here are the notes that go with this photo I found today:

German Split Pea Soup (Erbsensuppe)

Read about it at TheBittenWord.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/galant/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search