While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Monday, August 24, 2009

And the Tomato Onion Salad to go With


Today I harvested two rather large and curvy cucumbers, a colander full of green beans, some Romas and cherry tomatoes, the last of the peas (amazing!), and some red potatoes.

The potatoes I boiled just so, and served them with salt, pepper, and butter. The green beans needed only a little steaming, and a touch of butter. So fresh, eaten only an hour or two after picking!

The tomatoes - so happy I planted them this year - I diced, and added about a 1/2 C of coarsely chopped onion, a generous handful of cuke (sliced from the thin end), and sliced fat pea pods (with the peas still in). I marinated it all for about an hour in balsamic vinegar, a touch of virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. After tasting it, I also added about two lumps worth of sugar, no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search