While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Monday, June 1, 2009

pumpkin energy bars


pumpkin energy bars, originally uploaded by honor.

After mowing lawns, and needing a little pick-me-up, I got to thinking about energy bars. A little discussion was happening on my Facebook page, and I started looking up energy bar ranking. Apparently the one I had eaten this morning (knowing full well it really is more in the dessert category than anything else) - Balance Bars get an "F" grade, the lowest of all ranked on http://www.betterworldshopper.com/energy_bar_data.html

So, I decided to look further. Here is one I found for Pumpkin Energy Bars, which sound pretty good.

Here's the recipe that goes with the photo:

"Pumpkin Energy Bars


Preheat oven to 350F.

3/4 C. pumpkin
1 flax egg
1/4 C. agave nectar
2 T. molasses
1/4 C. canola oil
2 C. oats
1/2 C. sunflower seeds
1/4 C. oat bran
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. salt

Combine first 5 ingredients. Stir in remaining 6. Spread evenly onto lightly greased baking sheet (it covered about 2/3 of a jelly roll pan.) Bake for about 30 min., or until lightly golden. While warm, cut into bars & let cool on a cooling rack.


Recipe by Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search