While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

While Visions of Sugar Plums Danced. . .

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pickles!


Pickles!, originally uploaded by Meer.

These look great.

This photographer says:

"Decided to "preserve" some of the vegetables I'm getting from my farm as we get a little too much to eat in a week. Of course, now they still take up fridge space since I don't have a canner, but at least will stick around for 3 more months.

The pickle chips were made with some store-bought cukes I bought to supplement the batch and taste fine. The farm cukes (the spears) are bitter, and I don't know if it's the cucumbers, or the garlic I added only to the spears. *Sigh* Apparently I needed more controls on taste."

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foods to Love, Words to Savor

Custom Search